Monday, March 16, 2009

#8: Update on Yates

Opening the Saturday paper this week was a shocking surprise; the Yates mansion is up for sale. The very same mansion that I posted a month ago is now ready to buy for the asking price of 1.8 million. That is more money then I will ever see, but seems like a fair price to ask for such a fantastic piece.
The article was big talk at work. It was actually the most talked about non-political article and it was great to see non-Brantford residents know of the place. Even better, was to see that the life-long residents of Brantford had no idea what we were talking about.
The paper actually reminded me that I've met the owners of this place, as they are friends of my parents and have been for years. Clearly I should take him up on his offer to give me a tour of the place, before it's sold to someone not as open.

I've posted a section of the newspaper (8b) and some great pictures taken for the paper, and a link to the actual article.

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1478182

April 16th 2009: I've taken off the photos I orginally added, as they were not mine. They can, however, be viewed by following the above link to the Brantford Expositor.)

No comments: